Deadline: 3 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Procurement of goods and services for all South central and Juba land field locations in liaison with the field based logistics and project teams.
- Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with the global logistics handbook and donor requirements.
- Float Public tenders of USD 50,000 and above and ensure compliance of all the tendering requirements as per the global logistics handbook.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services, protecting the interest of NRC in relation to pricing, quality, time, delivery, etc.
- Implement a supplier performance evaluation system and maintain records of the same.
- Ensure there is a proper filing system for procurement documents for easier retrieval and when needed and also an archive for old documents.
- Train and capacity build staff logistics staff in Mogadishu and field offices.
- Train non logistics staff on logistics policies and procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods and services ordered.
- Regular update of the procurement tracking sheet and share with program staff.
- Ensure timely dispatch of goods to the field offices.
- Assist program staff in preparation of procurement plans.
- Supervise, train and appraise the logistics assistant.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- University graduate in Business Administration/Procurement or Logistics with previous experience in Procurement.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Somalia.
- Technical expertise relevant to the role.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.