Deadline: 17 July 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Senior Officer in Entebbe, Uganda.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Senior Officer will the following functions:
- Implementation of transactional procurement
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Team Management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Applicants must have:
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) with 2 years of relevant experience OR
- A First-level University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of
- Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification is a distinct advantage.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in providing procurement management services in a national and/or international public or corporate organization.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing and developed countries is desired.
- Experience in working with Google Suite/Workspace applications (Docs, Slides, and Sheets) and/or MS Office programmes is desired.
- Fluency in English (Reading, Speaking & Writing) is required.
- Knowledge of French language is an asset.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.