Deadline: 31 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Senior Officer in Juba, South Sudan.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- Grant/Contract management.
- Procurement Management.
- Capacity assessment and Capacity building.
- Knowledge management and innovation.
- Client Coordination and Satisfaction.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree / first level) with a combination of 4 additional year’s of relevant professional experience in Procurement, Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Supply Chain Management, Political Science, Development Studies, or other relevant discipline is required.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s) with an additional 2 year’s of relevant professional experience in Procurement, Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Supply Chain Management, Political Science, Development Studies, or other relevant discipline is an added advantage.
- PRINCE2® Foundation is an added advantage.
- CIPS 3 or above is an added advantage.
- 4 year’s (or more based on academic credentials as described above) of experience in Procurement Management is required.
- Experience working in UN development contexts is an advantage.
- Knowledge of UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is an asset.
- Experience working on Community Infrastructure/construction/engineering projects is an asset.
- Experience in post- conflict or conflict situations is desirable.
- Previous experience working in South Sudan is an added advantage.
- Skill in procurement contracting is required (2 year’s).
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- UN language proficiency certificate in English would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.