Deadline: 19 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Copenhagen, Denmark.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Support
- Contribute to the development and piloting of frameworks, tools and methodologies for service offerings to develop capacity on sustainable and resilient P&SC.
- Contribute to the development of awareness material including case studies, that promotes UNOPS sustainable and resilient P&SC activities internally and externally across UN Agencies, governments and other partners.
- Contribute to the mainstreaming of sustainable and resilient P&SC within UNOPS policy and standards.
- Support in the oversight to the development and maintenance of knowledge and information systems including website and share-point services.
- Operations Support
- Provide guidance and mentoring to support the building of knowledge and expertise in sustainable and resilient P&SC at the HQ, Regional and Country levels.
- Address ad hoc requests for technical guidance on P&SC issues related to sustainability, resilience, and other global policy agendas including the SDGs, with a technical and strategic positioning approach.
- Support scoping missions to promote the UNOPS sustainable and resilient P&SC approach and capabilities and leverage support for Business Development arising from such opportunities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree (Master’s Degree) preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- First University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in combination with a minimum 7 year’s qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience on procurement and supply chain management and/or procurement or public policy research is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of procurement and supply chain reports or papers, by having authored or co-authored at least one publication in this domain is required.
- Knowledge of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and national and international public procurement legislations/conventions is desired.
- Experience in a developing country is an asset.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, plus knowledge (ability to understand, read and speak) of another official UNOPS language (French or Spanish) is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.