Deadline: 30 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Roving Procurement and Logistics Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The purpose of Roving Procurement and Logistics Officer is expected to provide logistical and procurement support according to the needs of the individual office to ensure an effective and compliant logistical service to the operation.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Roving Procurement and Logistics Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function .
- Ensure NRC Asset and Inventory register is accurately updated.
- Compile monthly and periodic fleet report and manage terramar database.
- Provide technical support in CO and Area Offices standard warehouse management and conduct spot-checks periodically.
- Plan travel to all area offices of NRC to support procurement and logistics activities depending on the needs of the area office.
- Ensure all NRC procurements and logistical requirements are completed according to procedures at all times, and within the minimum timeframes stipulated.
- Assist Program and operational personnel to adequately plan their procurements and assist them in communicating clear requirement specifications.
- Carry out procurements including getting quotations, preparing purchase orders, contracts, negotiations, dealing with vendors, checking legal requirements, receiving materials, etc.
- Provide equal opportunity for suppliers to make price and specification Quotations and Always accord prompt and courteous reception and fair equal treatment to all vendors and their representatives.
- Facilitate smooth receipt and delivery of supplies to and from warehouses and partake in the emergency materials management and distribution as needed.
- Perform other logistics functions as delegated by Logistics Admin Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Business, logistics, supply chain or related technical field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in procurement and/or logistics.
- Ability to work well under pressure and frequent travel to field offices.
- Experience from working with purchasing, transport or warehousing essential.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.