Deadline: 7 November 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer will be responsible for undertaking proper and efficient procurement administration; leads and supervises teams of buyers within the Unit; conducts procurement planning and evaluation; and approves Purchase Orders (PO) and Contracts for institutional procurement of goods and services valued $5,000 and below.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure comprehensive and accurate procurement planning and evaluation by coordinating with concerned parties (e.g., Departments/Offices, suppliers, and manufacturers).
- Establish priorities, lead-times and delivery dates, expanding the existing and most economical sources of supply and identifying the scope for bulk procurement.
- Formulate a system to ensure thorough evaluation of competitive bid situations, and reviews decision making process in the selection of foreign vs. local markets.
- Monitor and keeps track of procurement planning at all stages and provides regular statistics.
- Provide inputs on improvement of current policies and procedures in order to carry out efficient Procurement.
- Ensure regular lessons learned are documented and implemented.
- Facilitate effective implementation of procurement activities by giving advice to the requestors on relevant information (e.g., sourcing methods, schedules, and lead-time), checking all requisitions, proper control and distribution of requests, directing and reviewing market surveys, canvass sheets and recommendations (e.g., quotations, suppliers, bills, invoices, and purchase orders).
- Negotiate with suppliers for better prices, terms and conditions of sale, follows-up on origin and destination charges and marine insurance, and participates in bidding activities such as attending pre-bid conferences, providing data and assistance to Institutional Procurement Committee members as well as preparing recommendations for approval of procurement actions and the like.
- Review and endorse information relevant to the PO for approval by International Staff Supervisor and/or Advisor, OAS and Head, Procurement and Contracts Administration Unit.
- Maintain close coordination with user sections for increased collaboration.
- Monitor on-going contracts and process contract variations.
- Facilitate the smooth operations of the Unit by providing administrative support such as preparing memoranda and other correspondences and providing the necessary assistance during audit review and monitoring.
- Propose appropriate institutional procurement advice, training and instructions to Resident Missions based on established policies and guidelines.
- Provide support during audit reviews.
- Supervise and coordinate the performance of team members by distributing workload and providing clear direction and regular monitoring of performance.
- Monitor learning and development programs of staff.
- Assist the supervising IS in the management and assessment of the performance of staff in the IT buying team.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the position’s immediate supervisor, and/or Advisor, OAS and Head, Procurement and Contracts Administration Unit, and as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering or related fields; preferably with master’s degree or equivalent.
- Internationally recognized certification such as CIPS or ISM or equivalent is required.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in IT-related procurement operations (but not limited only to Software, Hardware, Implementations, Managed services) and at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Bank’s policies, guidelines and procedures in institutional procurement operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of ADB’s relevant software used in the procurement process and record management, an advantage.
- Ability to mentor Administrative Staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.