Deadline: 27 August 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Assistant in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 Years.
The Senior Procurement Assistant will provide administrative and operational support to the procurement-related work of the division, such as consultant recruitment, and monitoring and evaluation of technical and financial proposals.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Alert the Office of Administrative Services (OAS) of incoming proposals for monitoring of the proposal submission deadline; assists the supervisors in evaluating technical proposals submitted by consulting firms by checking the qualifications of the proposed experts against ADB’s guidelines.
- Distribute technical proposal copies to the CSC members; maintains custody of the evaluated proposals; and returns unopened financial proposals to consultants at the end of the selection process.
- Assist supervisors in procurement and portfolio management activities, as required.
- Ensure that all correspondences and documents are prepared promptly and in accordance with ADB standards; prepares draft replies to more routine queries.
- Monitor the status of unanswered correspondences; and ensures that documents are handled promptly and confidential documents are secure.
- Provide technical assistance to PPFD Procurement Specialists in the processing, implementation and administration of PPFD TA projects.
- Review and process consultant claims, contract variations, cash advances, payments, and liquidation; and administers TA projects, including extension of TA completion dates and closing of accounts of completed TAs.
- Provide administrative assistance, as necessary, for consulting, procurement and portfolio management activities handled by supervisors; and provides guidance to junior procurement assistants on PPFD office procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in organizing PPFD seminars; prepares slides and other visual aids; assists in various activities for assigned seminars by preparing resource materials, arranging venues, guest speakers, participants and receptions for participants.
- Arrange seminar facilities required for in-house presentations of supervisors and PPFD guest speakers.
- Assist in managing the supervisors’ schedules and arranges meetings, events, travels, and accommodations.
- Liaise with ADB staff and other people, as required; maintains the office filling system and supplies; relieves other Procurement Assistants during their absence.
- Update the PPFD Schedule of Activities and PPFD Document Log databases regularly; provides reception services to supervisors; screens telephone calls, takes messages, answers questions from callers and visitors and ensures that the needs of unexpected visitors are handled appropriately; and prepares reports and tables, as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, management, accounting or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Working knowledge of assigned area.
- Excellent written (including report-writing) and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and required information technologies.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer applications and familiarity with the existing database management systems and with other similar systems.
- Ability to guide Administrative Staff (AS) to facilitate work planning, delivery, quality review.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in a multicultural and multiple expertise professional environment.
- Good contract negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.