Deadline: 9 May 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Associate in Harare, Zimbabwe.
The Senior Procurement Associate is responsible to provide support in the management of procurement activities in Zimbabwe Country Office particularly in respect of complex procurement activities for services, goods and construction works.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Associate will perform following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Collaborate with programme/requisitioners and provide guidance on supply processes, defining their needs, and on best methods of sourcing.
- Implement procurement and contracting for assigned categories.
- Maintain procurement records and manage information and reporting of assigned categories.
- Provide contract management support to the programme/requisitioners.
- Provide strategic technical support on procurement activities.
- Take part in continuous learning and knowledge exchange on supply chain related topics.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented with technical or university courses related to the work of the organization such as Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) Graduate Diploma, a bachelor’s degree in Supply and Procurement or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the areas of procurement, supply or logistics and/or other directly-related technical field is required, with an understanding of development and humanitarian work.
- Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.