Deadline: 2 March 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Officer in India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Procurement will perform the following functions-
- Project Administration
- Assist loan review missions for INRM administered projects to assess EA’s procurement performance and contract award achievements against projections, identifies bottlenecks in procurement processing and non-compliance with ADB’s procurement guidelines, and recommends remedial measures for improving procurement performance.
- Capacity Building and Knowledge Management
- Act as Resource Person to give lectures/presentations in capacity building seminars / workshops to enhance EAs’ capacity and skills in procurement, consultant recruitment and project administration areas to ensure full compliance with ADB policies and guidelines.
- Assist INRM Portfolio Management Unit (PMU) in assessing the capacity of the executing agencies (EAs) and implementing agencies (IAs) in carrying out procurement activities and identifies specific training needs and focus areas for capacity building of EAs.
- Portfolio Management
- Assist INRM PMU to conduct Tripartite Country Portfolio Review Meetings (TPRM) to monitor and discuss procurement, consultant recruitment and project implementation activities in ADB-financed projects.
- Review contract award and disbursement performance, identifies bottlenecks / reasons for slow procurement progress and shortfall in contract award / disbursement achievement, develops action-plan to address those constraints to expedite project implementation performance.
- Assist in preparing annual contract award and disbursement projections for INRM delegated loan projects and monitors the achievement against those projections.
- Project Processing and TA Administration
- Assist INRM Portfolio Management Unit in processing and administering delegated TAs.
- Assist loan / technical assistance (TA) processing missions to review contract packaging and prepare procurement plan.
- Assist project processing mission leaders in discussions with EAs and preparation of aide memoire in matters relating to procurement and consultant recruitment.
- e-Operations Project Functions
- Acts as focal person in INRM for dealing with all technical and operational issues relating to e-Operations Project for INRM administered loans / TAs / grants.
- Coordinates with all INRM sector groups for retrofitting and updating all project records in e-Operations with transfer of legacy data from PPR into new PPR system, Monitor PPR ratings and technical issues, latest project progress, design and monitoring framework (DMF), LFIS financial data and loan covenants in close cooperation with PPFD / OIST.
- Confirmation of data accuracy for all project records for delegated projects and TAs.
- Rectification of all technical and access-related discrepancies to ensure availability of all project records to INRM staff.
- Donor Coordination with development Institutions
- Keep track of India’s and States’ policies, laws, rules, manuals and regulations on procurement and assists PMU in liaising with other donor agencies, and coordinating the harmonization of procurement and consultant recruitment procedures and alternative procurement modalities adopted by them to streamline and expedite procurement progress in their projects
- Mentorship and Others
- Provide guidance to junior officers to facilitate work planning, work execution and quality control.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisors.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, preferably an advance degree.
- At least 10 year’s of relevant professional experience in project preparation and administration with substantial experience in procurement and contract management.
- Familiarity with ADB and / or World Bank procurement policies, guidelines, and procedures, and anticorruption policies.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures, particularly public procurement systems.
- For internal applicants – Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) accreditation in procurement and consulting services will be preferred (non-accredited applicants may be considered though will be required to complete accreditation within one year of appointment).
- External applicants if selected will be required to complete above PASS accreditation within one year of appointment.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, PowerPoint and web-browsing and search engines).
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively.
- Flexibility / willingness to perform variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities as needed.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.