Deadline: 28 October 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Stop TB Partnership – Country Supply Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Stop TB Partnership – Country Supply Officer will perform the following functions-
- Establish priority country-specific stakeholders’ teams, including donors such as the Global Fund, prime recipients, and technical assistance providers, and provide technical leadership to ensure that procurement and supply issues are timely and properly addressed and coordinated, with a special emphasis on donor-funded procurement and supply projects, such as by the Global Fund.
- Monitor and report on the performance of Procurement Agent, freight forwarder, and quality control agent and the lead times.
- Monitor and analyze client satisfaction reports and develop interventions for improvements and the GDF performance strengthening.
- Analyze, develop and provide information as required for other GDF teams, such as Business Development and Market Management.
- Represent the GDF at country and international meetings and fora, promote the GDF as a source of affordable quality-assured TB medicines and products, and the GDF direct procurement mechanism with national governments, non-governmental organizations, implementing agencies, and communities.
- Provide technical leadership and serve as a technical resource as required for StopTB Partners’ and WHO regional TB meetings, workshops, and capacity building exercises to keep rational procurement and supply of TB medicines and products on the regional agenda.
- Proactively work with StopTB partners, form groups/partnerships to ensure the GDF’s presence and technical leadership at the regional NTP meetings and Regional UNION TB Conferences via joint workshops, abstract or poster presentations, impact papers, etc. promoting the GDF experience and best practices.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience within the Procurement and Supply Chain field.
- Relevant experience in risk analysis; identifying clients’ procurement & supply-related needs and in providing support and guidance from clients’ point of view is a strong asset.
- Experience in supply chain and logistics operations is desirable.
- Knowledge of the UN Financial and Procurement Rules, Regulations and working practices pertaining to UNOPS is advantageous.
- Customer service experience is desired.
- An advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Pharmacy, Logistics, Procurement, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Project Management or related subject with minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required.
- Strong writing skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.