Deadline: 6 May 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Assistant in Mosul, Iraq. The duration of this post is 7 months.
The Supply Chain Assistant (Procurement) is responsible for procurement of programme goods, services and works and supporting improvements in procurement functions.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies, in collaboration with the SCTL.
- Assist in liaising with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, RFQ and ITBs are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
- Regularly review, update and share the information management databases and trackers to the SCTL.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Assist in the joint verification of procured goods, services and works and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Assist in the maintenance of the suppliers list using the Supplier Profile and Registration Form.
- Assist in the strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place.
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors.
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance on a timely manner.
- Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases.
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids.
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Any other duty delegated by Line manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree.
- Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics and/or Procurement would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the local market.
- Good skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Basic knowledge of procurement principles.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles.
- English (Intermediate).
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Kurdish (Basic).
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.