Deadline: 27 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Manager in Kampala, Uganda.
The Supply Chain Manager will responsible for the overall country logistics and procurement operation in coordination with procurement and logistics staff in the field offices; providing support to DRC/DDG field operations and field based staff in training, guidance and standard operating procedures as set by the DRC.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure DRC procurement guidelines are adhered to in all DRC offices.
- Plan and engage with Project Managers to understand contract specifications and with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability, which results in effective market engagement.
- Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process, which result in high process compliance.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Assist DRC management in Contract & Supplier relationship management.
- Prepares and reviews budget requirements of logistics activities and directs consolidation of logistic budget.
- Ensure DRC assets are safeguarded through asset tagging, insurance.
- Manage the asset disposal for the entire country program.
- Ensure a robust fleet management system and that any vehicle damage/accident is reported immediately and necessary follow up made.
- Assist the Country Director and Safety Coordinator in overseeing security of DRC premises.
- Exercise leadership and offer daily supervision of country procurement and logistics procedures.
- Ensure the realization and achievement of the Area Performance Indicators in procurement and logistics department.
- Daily supervision of the Kampala procurement and logistics staff and ensure their close cooperation with the departments for administration, finances, human resources and programs.
- Analyze Supply Chain Systems i.e. procurement, logistics and warehousing are working together to fill orders and deliver goods, services on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Degree in Procurement and Logistics.
- Supply or the equivalent professional qualification in procurement and supply.
- At least 5 years procurement and logistics experience in a busy organization, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Must demonstrate professional experience in legal, administrative and operational aspects of Procurement and Logistics.
- Proven experience working with donor funded projects/ programs e.g. EU, DfiD, SIDA, USAID, UNHCR & DANIDA among other donors.
- Experience in financial management of tendering processes and audits.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS word, excel).
- Good and clear communication and writing skills in English required.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.