Deadline: 1 September 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Officer – Procurement in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for all the procurement and logistic functions of DRC for the Addis Ababa DFID Project.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure all procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook and that processes are done in DRC Dynamics in real time.
- Ensure suppliers are vetted according to DRC policies and an updated supplier database exists with comments on performance and contract tracking.
- Following up on procurement planning in coordination with Program staff.
- Advise Programme colleagues and beneficiaries/partners on the appropriate procedure to follow for a given procurement need.
- Manage dissemination of invitations to bid (including requests for quotation, single quote procedures, etc.), and lead the evaluation of received bids.
- Ensure the correct closure of each procurement procedure by making sure the relevant completion/handover certificate is filled out.
- Logistic and Asset Management
- Vehicle fleet management, including ensuring safety and standard of vehicles, management of vehicle running logs, booking and assignment of transport.
- Ensure appropriate use of the vehicle by all staff (e.g. use of seatbelts, adherence to speed limits, vehicle booking process and movement monitoring system.
- Draft regular reports such as warehouse stock report, fleet utilization report, and asset lists according to DRC’s internal templates and procedures, flagging issues and gaps as needed.
- communicated by Support Services Team Leader.
- Logistic and Asset Management
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, or a relevant related field.
- Minimum 2 year of relevant work experience, preferably with NGOs with 2 years of experience managing or coordinating teams.
- Experience and good understanding of supply chain management, HR management, experience in conducting administrative tasks, including set up of filing systems.
- Excellent IT skills, experience in operating an ERP supply chain system is an advantage.
- Excellent English language skills both spoken and written.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.