Deadline: 6 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Officer- Procurement in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Supply Chain Officer- Procurement will be responsible day to day for procurement functions in Mogadishu, this include coordination with program staff facilitation of procurement of goods, supply and services as per the request of the Program team.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer- Procurement will perform the following functions:
- Enforcing compliance & implementation of DRC/DDG procurement procedures
- Strictly adhere DRC/DDG procurement policies & procedures as detailed in the OH.
- Report to the Supply Chain Team Leader for non-compliance or failure to conform the internal procedures, if any.
- Apply all procurement process with DRC/DDG dynamics and coordinate all failures with the Country Supply Chain Manager and SC TL.
- Program Procurement Management
- Ensure timely delivery of Program supplier (Strict to the procurement Threshold).
- Enforce preparation of Procurement Plans and ensure implementation.
- Ensure timely release of supplier/s payments.
- Ensure all procurement documents are sent for Head of procurement review through the SC Team leader.
- Review PRs and provide feedback (areas to amend) within 2 hours.
- Prepare and issuing quotations, Purchase orders and drafting service contracts.
- Support the Supply chain team leader during ITB tendering process.
- Confirm Quality & Quantity of goods/service prior to the receipt.
- Assess the need for derogation before drafting the derogation request from the program (Confirm justifications to derogate the procurements).
- Keeping procurement files up to date for audit and compliance report needs as well future references (This to be done on Bi-weekly Basis).
- Ensure Unique Identifier Code is done for all procurement documentations.
- Reporting (Procurement)
- Monthly Procurement report – Due on the 3rd of every Month (Detailed, all columns of the Monthly API report to be filled with the relevant information.
- Share Procurement Plan with respective program and support staff.
- Supplier registration and framework agreements of recurrent goods & service
- Supplier, -Sourcing, -Registration & -Management.
- Vendor registration (DRC supplier/s & registration form).
- Supplier due-diligence and vetting.
- Supplier evaluation and approval.
- Maintain updated DRC/DDG approved supplier list.
- Active supplier management and their performance.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Business Administration.
- Experience, preferably minimum 3 years as logistics/Procurement officer (supply chain officer).
- Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions.
- Computer literate (Word and Excel).
- Understanding in English and fluency in Somali.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must be submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.