Deadline: 5 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Supply and Procurement Assistant in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Supply and Procurement Assistant will assist in the procurement, receipt, warehousing, distribution and monitoring of UNICEF’s supplies & equipment to the assisted-government projects in support of the country porogramme in Nigeria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply and Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support to country office supply planning process and its execution:
- Research into the market and intranet to ensure adequate price information, realistic DATs are set in the planning stages.
- Liaison with all sections assigned to him/her to ensure the supply plan is in place and collated before the end of first quarter.
- Ensure all collated supply plan are well documented, stored and monitored for proper execution.
- Support to programme and operations colleagues in the issuance of purchase requisitions:
- Interact with Programme / operation Sections in the preparation and issuance of appropriate documents i.e. Supply Requisitions (accuracy in the specifications, budget estimates, realistic DATs and coding in line with Supply Manual).
- Undertakes reconciliation and adjustments of expenditures on requisitions, recording proof of delivery for GIT (goods in transit) updates, monitoring of Contracts for closure, etc
- Support in market survey and maintains an effective and robust supplier database:
- Research into the open market and intranet to pre-qualify suitable vendors as need arises and ensuring adequate records of these vendors in VISION.
- Maintaining a chronological filing system for vendors.
- Analyzing vendor performance at the end of every year and recommend none performing vendors to the Supply and Logistic Manager for appropriate action.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to supply and procurement.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in the functional area of supply and procurement.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of another UN language and local language of the duty station, an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.