Deadline: 9 November 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Assistant in Djibouti, Djibouti.
The Team Assistant will provide timely and efficient support in the implementation of all administrative, procurement, and logistical activities, including custom clearance processes, warehousing, importation and delivery of goods.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Submit different administrative transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services and carry out transactional processing of purchase requests for good and services, inclusive of STC’s contracts and the procurement of office supplies.
- Validate the purchase requests received and if they meet the validation criteria, turns them into purchase orders and approves them or submits them for approval.
- Organize catering services for WHO workshops and meetings using local vendors following WHO rules for payments of goods and services.
- Coordinate the supply and distribution/delivery of international shipments, monitor and assess quality, quantity and safety of the received goods; oversee clearance and proper storage of goods and initiate duty exemption requests.
- Monitor deliveries by WHO suppliers for medicine, clearing agents and organization’s warehouses.
- Establish and maintain regular contacts with clearing and forwarding agents, customs, UN Agencies, NGOs and Government authorities, follow up and ensure that goods are promptly delivered to the right recipients and that appropriate receipts are received.
- Ensure organization of logistical services related to travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation and conference facilities arrangements.
- Make necessary arrangements regarding travel of MOH participants, STC’s and submit theirs travel requests (TRs) in GSM, arrange visas, flight and hotel reservations and deal with other related matters.
- Draft simple communications alerting the Ministry of Health on WHO events and workshops.
- Preparation of documents for dissemination for local meetings between the WHO and the Ministry of Health.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in procurement or supply/logistics or business administration.
- University degree in business administration, logistics management or related field is an asset
- At least 2 – 4 years of progressive experience in the fields of administration, supply/logistics, and/or procurement.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Good knowledge of French and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WHO.