Deadline: 19 May 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader- Support Services in Bule Hora, Ethiopia.
The Team Leader- Support Services will responsible to provide management support to DRC field operation by undertaking technical and practical tasks to lead key support staff to ensure operation of supply chain, human resources and administrative activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual, with adherence to donor guidelines.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader- Support Services will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide line management and leadership support to staff of Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources and Administrative Services.
- Lead the development, timely and professional implementation of systems for each department/unit under Support Services to ensure they are effective, efficient, and compliance with DRC policies.
- Support the implementation of the Safety Protocol and assist to integrate sound safety practices so as to enhance the safety and security of staff, assets and programs and minimize operational risks.
- Supply Chain:
- Ensure implementation and quality of DRC’s supply chain systems and procedures, managing Supply Chain function to ensure timely and transparency of procurement and the compliance.
- Monitor procurement procedures, ensuring items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system.
- Human Resources:
- Lead internal HR duties, including tracking staff attendance, leave requests, gathering timesheets, filing contracts, and assisting in the preparation and updating of payroll database, ensure proper filing of contracts – including management of staff contracts, including contract renewals, amendments, exit clearances.
- Lead external HR duties, including posting vacancies, conducting recruitments, and drafting contracts.
- Lead the planning and delivery of all inductions and orientations for new staff in a timely manner, and for planning and tracking training and capacity building for staff.
- Ensure high quality day-to-day accounting of the field office’s spending.
- Ensure compliance with donor guidelines in the allocation of costs and management of funds.
- Support the Addis Ababa based finance team in the preparation of all financial reports and audits for grants at periodic intervals and submit them to Head of Finance and Administration for review.
- Lead monthly financial review meetings with budget holders and the Area Manager, and share minutes and analysis with the Area Manager and Addis Ababa senior management team.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, or a relevant related field.
- Minimum 5 year of relevant work experience, preferably with NGO experience and 2 years’ experience managing or coordinating teams.
- Experience and good understanding of supply chain management, HR management, finance, experience in conducting administrative tasks, including set up of filing systems.
- Excellent IT skills, experience in operating an ERP supply chain system is an advantage.
- Excellent English language skills both spoken and written. Oromifa language skills highly desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.