Deadline: 25 November 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Manager in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Area Manager is responsible for the coordination, management, development and representation of DRC programming in the area.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead the strategic development of the Area/field offices and ensure that DRC/DDG remains relevant to the needs of the beneficiaries in the region.
- Ensure DRC projects in the area remain aligned to DRC global strategy and Regional/Country SPD.
- Represent DRC at all relevant forums in the area & liaise with local authorities & different stakeholders.
- Ensure that the reputation of DRC/DDG in the area remains high and issues of concern are raised with Country Director in time.
- Supervise effective, efficient and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed contracts, budgets and donor requirements.
- In coordination with the DRC HoP, provide clear and coherent guidance to DRC’s multi-sectoral emergency and longer-term projects in the area.
- In consultation with DRC&DDG HoPs/DDG Community Safety/HoSS, prepare project work plans in accordance with annual planning and funding cycles with support from the technical managers and the Heads of Programs;
- Manage DRC program staff and DDG/DRC support resources in the area and coordinate with Technical sector managers (Supply Chain, Finance and HR) as it may be required.
- Ensure that the activities of support teams are carried out in compliance to DRC policies, procedures and operations handbook.
- Ensure all key staff functions (program and Support) are adequately staffed, including minimum yearly requirements for both program and support staff and budgets are available for effective management of area/field offices.
- Ensure that monthly technical and support function reports are sent timely to the CO senior management team/RO.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a similar or equivalent role in an INGO/UN agency in areas of humanitarian/development sector, in a conflict & post conflict environment.
- University degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing large and diversified teams consisting national & international staff.
- Strong hands-on experience of managing safety & security in a high intensity conflict zone.
- Demonstrated experience in representation with donors & external actors and managing emergency response.
- Experience with strategy development and understanding of linkage between strategy and programming. Experience of advocacy and communications.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Interpersonal Skill: Ability to work with departmental heads & technical manager to ensure smooth work operations
- Time management Skill: being able to achieve operational objectives within set deadline.
- Fluency in Written & spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.