Deadline: 3 April 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Manager in Mubi, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Area Manager is responsible for the coordination, management, development and representation of DRC programming in Adamawa State, with a focus on Mubi area, Nigeria.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Manager will perform the following functions:
- Provide, together with Head of Programmes DRC and DDG, coordination and integration of DRC activities in the area including, but not limited, to protection, emergency response, food security and WASH;
- Direct line management of the non-programme staff (HR, Finance, Logistics & Procurement, and Safety)based in Adamawa State – Mubi, including recruitment, coaching, capacity building and ensuring interdepartmental co-ordination;
- Line management of the Area Programme Manager (expatriate) who oversees all Program Team Leads.
- Encourage a positive, innovative and mutually supportive team spirit amongst the Adamawa State team, including ensuring the well being of expatriate staff in/visiting your Area of Operation.
- Supply Chain
- Ensure the smooth, cost efficient and effective functionality of DRC’s Operation in the region including oversight of Supply Chain functions (Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing);
- Proper maintenance and function of the DRC fleet, including DRC owned and rented vehicles;
- Safety and Security
- Ensure adherence to security procedures and monitoring developments in the security situation;
- Actively support the country safety department to develop and regularly update the local security plan for his/her area of responsibility;
- Be a member of and/or actively support the Crisis Management Team as required and if requested;
- Develop and maintain a security focal persons’ network in his/her area of responsibility.
- Finance and Administration
- Provide budget monitoring of assigned budgets, financial control in compliance with DRC country office requirements and as per the Operations Handbook;
- Ensure necessary systems in procurement are followed according to DRC Operations Handbook for all projects in the state.
- Ensure compliance with internal reporting requirements and participate in the DRC internal coordination mechanisms as required.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in international relations, management, human rights, social science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience within international humanitarian/development work.
- Good understanding of displacement issues of both internally displaced and refugees and related international standards/frameworks.
- Solid project management experience.
- Extensive experience in representation and networking.
- Excellent negotiation, advocacy and communication skills.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in English (spoken, reading, writing).
- Knowledge of local languages a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) both must be in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.