Deadline: 3 September 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager in Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the Area MEAL-IM framework and structure in line with the MEAL Field Coordinator guidelines and guidance from the MEL/IM Coordinator in Beirut, and manage the implementation and coordination of MEAL-IM strategy and activities at field level.
- Set the framework and procedures for monitoring and evaluation of project activities in conjunction with internal programme stakeholders, and provide technical and strategic advice to the Area/Programme Managers and Sector Managers to develop and implement programme MEAL frameworks.
- Facilitate monthly monitoring meetings with Sector Managers to review monitoring findings and validate indicator performance, database system and key reporting tools.
- Produce periodic MEAL reports for internal and external stakeholders to ensure programmes have accurate and useful data to improve quality and inform project development, and support other internal and external reporting tasks, including donor specific monthly reports.
- Supervise MEAL/IM/Database staff for North Lebanon, leading recruitment, performance management, capacity building and training, and manage work plans and activities to ensure objectives and monitoring targets are met.
- Facilitate organisational learning by ensurings lessons learnt from previous work are reflected in improved practices, feedback to sector specialists and the design of future work.
- Facilitate accountability for results by ensuring the Area Programme Manager(s), Area Manager and sector specialist have timely information that can be used to initiate corrective actions and improve delivery of outputs and results.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in international relief and development, social sciences, public health, statistics/research methods or related relevant field.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in humanitarian and/or development work, including at least 3 years in a position with M&E responsibilities.
- At least 2 years experience in either (preferably) a management or (possibly) a coordination role.
- Field experience of applying principles and approaches to monitoring and evaluation, preferably in emergency response projects with large assessment and/or monitoring components.
- Experience of working with log frames and indicator tracking, and of preparing analytical and learning reports, particularly related to analysis of programmes and contextual issues.
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, and good IM and statistics capabilities.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring techniques and their application in humanitarian programming, with particular emphasis on participatory and community-based monitoring approaches.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.