Deadline: 1 October 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Programme Manager in Bekaa, Lebanon.
The Area Programme Manager will implementing integrated programmes and represent NRC at relevant coordination forums, as delegated by the Area Manager, and is a member of the Area Management Team.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Programme Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Line manage all related project managers.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Provide programme support to integrated programme, and ensure proper coordination and technical quality in Area Office.
- Provide area specific input relevant for programme strategies.
- Ensure compliance to donor standards and grant management, and provide regular reporting to donors.
- Identify funding opportunities and develop funding strategy and forecasts in line with the NRC Lebanon donor strategy.
- Ensure compliance with contractual commitments and extracting and implementing key learnings from project implementation.
- Coordinate new emergency response in Area as needed.
- Ensure capacity building of all technical staff where needed.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Receive the referral information related to protection cases on a monthly basis from the related focal points and take proper actions to ensure that the referral system is functioning to the best interest of beneficiaries as per NRC’s referral’s procedures.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum 4 year’s experience from a management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, Proficiency in Arabic would be a major asset.
- Understanding of the context (Lebanon crisis) is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly fluid environment where both context and organizational structure are subject to continuous, abrupt and substantial change.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.