Deadline: 3 July 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant to Senior Programme Coordinator in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The Assistant to Senior Programme Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of different procurement an Quality Assurance activities undertaken by UNOPS within the Global Fund cooperation framework to ensure that the client’s needs are satisfactorily met.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant to Senior Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Establish an efficient electronic – and hard-copy filing system for Programme Coordinator’s office, including confidential documents and records.
- Coordinate the flow and prioritization of correspondence to and from the Programme Coordinator’s office. Receive and screen all regular and confidential correspondence which requires the attendance of the Programme Coordinator.
- Maintain the Programme Coordinator’s calendar of official engagement/coordinate and manage the calendar commitments and follow up with reminders when necessary.
- Arrange all appointment with UN agencies, Senior Government Officials, Donor agencies, INGO/LNGO and other stakeholders for Programme Coordinator.
- Ensure travel and accommodation arrangements are made in timely manner.
- Provide necessary administrative and logistics support to communication unit in arranging workshop, training and meeting hosted by UNOPS.
- Assist in the support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing within the office.
- Assist in analysing data, coordinate with other units on behalf of Senior PC and provide assistance in developing workplans, reporting schedules,…etc.
- Draft communications, documentation, reports and check documents for accuracy and compliance with UNOPS format and style.
- Prepare briefing materials as required for mission travel and/or discussion on operational activities and status.
- Prepare minutes for meetings.
- Perform as Focal Person in communication with Donors/Consultant/ Audit mission by assisting administration/logistics support such as prepare travel schedule, ensure travel permission are granted in time for their mission to field/SR sites/Hospitals and organizing workshop and setting up appointments with requested organization and government officials.
- Act as an interpreter for Senior PC in important meetings with national and sub-national level authorities.
- Perform other related/relevant program tasks as may be assigned by the Senior PC.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school/High School is required.
- First University Degree (bachelor’s degree) in Business Administration, Public Administration, project management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Health Science or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in general administrative, or operations’ support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in coordination, facilitation, office Management, Event and Conference Management and Administrative Services is desirable.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN Regulations and Rules, government directory, NGOs, UN agencies or embassies is an asset.
- Prior experiences in liaising with Ministries and good understanding of protocol are desirable.
- Experience in health sector is an asset.
- Experience in front office management is an asset.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) is required.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is highly desirable.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Nationality of Cambodia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.