Deadline: 3 January 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Associate Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management:
- Work with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of a new Global Environment Fund electric mobility programme, a new air quality project and non-motorized transport projects at regional, country, cities and urban areas levels, etc.; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports.
- Carrie out basic research on selected aspects of air quality and mobility programmes, operations and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provide substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Programme Administration:
- Assist in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Undertake outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Finance and Budgeting:
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.), supports fundraising for activities and programs, and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Participate in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental sciences, transport or related field is required.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management is required.
- Minimum 1-year experience at the international level working with developing countries and in the regions of Africa and Asia is required.
- Substantive knowledge of, and technical and practical expertise in environment, clean transport, clean fuels and vehicles and/or non-motorized transport projects and programmes is desirable.
- Experience dealing with large international donor institutions (proposal writing, project reporting, budget supervision etc.) is an asset.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.