Deadline: 19 July 2019
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the preparation of the global data drives for the three Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 6 indicators within UN Environment’s custodianship – including identifying and liaising directly with national indicator and SDG6 focal points, communicating data requests and disseminating indicators methodologies, guidance and complementary training and resource materials, as well as data reporting processes and procedures.
- Contribute to establishing and the day to day running of a help desk system to manage data submissions and country queries, and support coordination with technical expert partners during the global data drive in 2020.
- Support capacity building activities on the three UN Environment SDG 6 indicators by arranging, organizing and facilitating the delivery of national and regional indicator training workshops in collaboration with external partners, and develop webinars, tutorials and other required capacity building training materials.
- Support coordination with leaders and teams for each of the three SDG 6 indicator targets across UN Environment.
- Gather inputs, editing and contributing to the preparation of reports and other materials related to SDG indicators and targets.
- Assist in the planning and servicing of meetings and events.
- Assist in communications, knowledge management and outreach activities.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental management, water management or related area is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant and progressively responsible work experience in project, event management, communication or related area is required.
- Experience working in international and intergovernmental settings is desirable.
- Experience of supporting capacity building activities and national reporting on water data is an advantage.
- Experience of working with data bases, statistics, integrating multiple sources of data and working with global data sets, including satellite-based data, is an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNEP.