Deadline: 6 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Programme Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Prepare project management documents such as project implementation plans, work packages, budget break-down structure, activity monitoring plan, quality management strategy, risk management strategy, communication plan, and project review and closure plans for review by Project Manager.
- Responsible for data collection and monitoring of ACAP III outputs / outcomes against the approved activity monitoring plan, and report on adverse trends, together with recommended management actions.
- Prepare ACAP III updates, highlight reports, quarterly progress reports and ad-hoc reports for programme and donor updates, under the guidance of the Project Manager.
- Arrange and support donor meetings, provide logistical and substantive support for visits of donors and other delegations/stakeholders.
- Assist in the implementation of communications strategy and social media related to ACAP III.
- Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on project issues including all other project documentation and meeting minutes.
- Represent ACAP III at beneficiary and stakeholder engagement events and participate in ACAP III awareness events.
- Provide programming assistance in the implementation of institutional capacity building component.
- Document lessons learned and best practice approaches in the delivery of ACAP III.
- Any other duties as requested and tasked by the Project Manager.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in business administration, project management, social science or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or a first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in a related field with an additional 2 years of relevant experience (minimum of 4 years in total) may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in programme, project management and/or business administration is required.
- Experience in development and/or humanitarian affairs in post-conflict environment is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in donor reporting and preparing project proposals is an advantage.
- Knowledge of mine action sector is desirable.
- Experience with USAID funded projects is highly desirable.
- Certification in Prince 2 Foundation is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.