Deadline: 2 August 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Analyst in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Project Analyst will be responsible to assist in handling loan/grant/technical assistance (TA) processing and administration; coordinate and consolidate project information to achieve specific project implementation functional results; and provide diversified analytical, statistical and administrative support to project administration.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Assist country portfolio performance analysis by using information management systems; collects, updates, and analyzes data for generation of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports on country and IRM portfolio performances; regularly monitors project and country portfolio achievements; and regularly monitors the implementation progress of projects and assists in assessing their impact and performance.
- Assist in processing disbursements for delegated projects; follow up with executing agencies (EAs) on timely submission of withdrawal applications; review withdrawal applications for compliance with loan agreements; and prepares/reviews data inputs for preparation of Procurement Contract Summary Sheets.
- Review, analyze and recommend project management and institutional arrangements for better project performance and impact of ADB-financed projects in the country portfolio, in consultation with project officers; and identifies shortfalls and underlying causes and follow ups their resolution with Government agencies.
- Participate in project/technical assistance (TA) review missions including site visits, as required.
- Ensure that audited project financial statements/management letters are reviewed and responded to in cooperation with Project Officers/Analysts; and leads in spot checking statement of expenditures (SOEs).
- Assist IRM to reduce project implementation delays related to consulting services and procurement, including support to prior/post reviews and document review of procurement/consultants matters.
- Support procurement, consulting services, disbursement, and project administration workshops; supports on-the-job training sessions led by ADB procurement and financial management staff.
- Select processing of selected projects and TAs.
- Backstop other analysts and maintain close links with HQ Project Analysts and Specialists to support HQ-supervised projects and TAs.
- Perform any other duties as required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or other relevant fields
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience processing and administering of projects, reviewing procurement documents, and recruiting consultants in international agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operational processes and procedures of ADB or any multilateral development bank.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
- Good analytical thinking.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, graphics, database applications and other required information technologies
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Familiar with local government and institutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with appropriate officials of host government, donor agencies and executing agencies.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.