Deadline: 6 March 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Analyst in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Project Analyst will provide statistical and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management particularly on the agriculture and natural resources sector.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Analyst will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Project and Technical Assistance (TA) Processing:
- Provide support to fact finding and other missions required for project and TA processing.
- Project and TA Administration:
- Assist in preparing yearly contract awards and disbursement projections.
- Track the projections on regular basis and alert project officers when projections are not being reached and discusses how to overcome the shortfall.
- Assist in preparation of Project Completion Reports, Implementation Completion Memorandum and TA completion Reports and provide support to none delegated projects/TAs.
- Procurement Processes:
- Review the documents (bidding documents, quotations, bid evaluation reports and contracts etc., particularly the technical part of the bidding documents) for procurement of goods, works and services in accordance with ADB’s guidelines and regulations.
- Review EAs’ submissions on recruitment of consultant in accordance with ADB’s guidelines and regulation.
- Consolidate review comments received from the departments concerned, in consultation with the project officer.
- Project Performance Reports (PPRs) in eOperations:
- Prepare and update individual PPRs every month for loans/grants outlining all required details such as project description/scope, loan/grant amount, etc.
- Participate in the Department meetings when needed.
- Administer activities necessary to process disbursement claims by reviewing withdrawal application, following up submissions, preparing correspondence and re-estimating project costs and ADB’s commitments and financing percentages.
- Ensure quality submissions of the Implementing Agencies in accordance with the ADB guidelines.
- Loan/Grant and TA Missions:
- Participate in natural resource management missions as required, including fact finding mission, inception mission, loan/grant review mission, mid-term mission, by providing assistance in collection of information and statistics on procurement, contract awards, and disbursement; in reconciliation of project accounts, in familiarizing Executive Agencies with ADB’s loan procedures and in assisting them where necessary in preparation of withdrawal applications.
- Monitor/Report Requirement Monitors and analyzes the actual awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying cause.
- Maintain records needed to monitor compliance with loan and TA covenants, to follow up outstanding obligations of executing agencies such as submission of financial statements, and quarterly progress reports; and inputting data on the status of such compliance and project information disclosure monitoring.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, public administration, economics, or other sector relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with ADB staff and Government officials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of development organizations operational processes and procedures.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload with general schedule of work, instructions, and standardized practices; and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data; and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis / detailed design / project implementation / construction supervision / contract management) is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.