Deadline: 4 June 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Project Officer will provide support in the performance of operational and administrative functions, planning work and project administration, and analytical and statistical support to assigned project portfolio.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Prepare and monitor annual project implementation targets (i.e. contract awards, disbursements, project completion, etc.) in consultation with the Resident Missions (RMs).
- Coordinate with RMs for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of policy commitments to the management of projects.
- Participate in various missions as required, e.g. inception, review, mid-term, and project completion report mission by providing inputs in preparation of MOU/Aide Memoire, and assistance in collecting data on contract awards/disbursements, reconciliation of project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, in familiarizing Executing Agencies with ADB’s loan procedures, and in assisting them in preparation of various reports and applications.
- Prepare/update TA performance reports (TPRs) at month end for TAs outlining all required details; and participates in Departmental Portfolio Administration Unit (PAU) meetings to discuss progress of TA as summarized in the TPRs. Reviews financial status of assigned TAs for possible extension, closure and identification of savings.
- Review audited project financial statements, audited agency financial statements, quarterly project reports and other related financial documents to ascertain compliance with ADB’s policies and procedures; spot checks statement of expenditures (SOEs) from time to time.
- Review TAs and contracts’ financial status for contract variation requests and inputs the same into TAIS system for contract variations.
- Compile data/statistics on contract awards/disbursements for assigned projects for generation of various reports for Department/Management.
- Monitor/analyze actual awards and disbursement against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes and follows-up these matters with the executing agencies.
- Contribute to the review of various documents, i.e. bid documents, prequalification of bidders, contract awards, project-related issues, etc.
- Provide advice on ADB policies, guidelines, practices on project administration with internal and external stakeholders, and maintain and disseminate the department’s collective experience and knowledge gained through portfolio management.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years of relevant and significant experience in project processing and administration.
- Familiarity with energy sector will be valued.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.