Deadline: 25 June 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Project Officer will provides support in the performance of operational and administrative functions, planning work and project administration, and analytical and statistical support to assigned project portfolio.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Prepare and monitor annual project implementation targets (i.e. contract awards, disbursements, project completion, etc.) in consultation with the Resident Missions (RMs).
- Coordinate with RMs for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of policy commitments to the management of projects.
- Prepare/update TA performance reports (TPRs) at month end for TAs outlining all required details; and participates in Departmental Portfolio Administration Unit (PAU) meetings to discuss progress of TA as summarized in the TPRs.
- Review financial status of assigned TAs for possible extension, closure and identification of savings.
- Review audited project financial statements, audited agency financial statements, quarterly project reports and other related financial documents to ascertain compliance with ADB’s policies and procedures; spot checks statement of expenditures (SOEs) from time to time.
- Review TAs and contracts’ financial status for contract variation requests and inputs the same into TAIS system for contract variations with (a) value of $10,000 below; and (b) contract variations with no cost implications.
- Compile data/statistics on contract awards/disbursements for assigned projects for generation of various reports for Department/Management.
- Monitor/analyze actual awards and disbursement against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes and follows-up these matters with the executing agencies.
- Review various documents i.e. bid documents, prequalification of bidders, contract awards, project-related issues, etc.
- Provide advice on ADB policies, guidelines, practices on project administration with internal and external stakeholders, and maintain and disseminate the department’s collective experience and knowledge gained through portfolio management.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years of relevant and significant experience in project processing and administration in the relevant sectors.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.