Deadline: 24 October 2018
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Officer in India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Project Officer will be responsible for implementing and supporting procurement and consultant recruitment related initiatives and processes under the country portfolio operations in India, including providing operational support in reviewing procurement related transactions, coordinating procurement matters with external and internal clients/offices, facilitating capacity development activities related to procurement, consultant recruitment and contract management.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Prepare and review internal electronic Procurement Approval Forms (ePAF), Consultant Recruitment Checklists and Contract Modification Forms for contract variations and processes them through online Procurement Review System (PRS) along with fax letters to executing agencies for goods/ civil works contracts and consulting services contracts and other related correspondences as required.
- Assist executing and implementing agencies (EAs/IAs) in preparing various procurement documents to ensure compliance with ADB’s Procurement Guidelines, Borrowers Regulations, Staff Instructions and Financing Agreements.
- Assist INRM in processing and administering delegated Loans and TAs, including participating in projects processing and review missions, particularly for procurement related aspects including preparing procurement capacity and risk assessment, conducting post-procurement audits, reviewing contract packaging, preparing/revising procurement plans and preparing mission reports relating to procurement and consultant recruitment.
- Identify non-compliance, if any, with ADB Procurement Policy, Guidelines, Borrowers Regulations and Financing Agreements and recommends remedial measures and actions for improving procurement processes, issues related to contracts management, and helps solve procurement and contract management problems.
- Coordinate with ADB’s Portfolio, Procurement and Financial Management Department (PPFD), Office of Anticorruption and Integrity (OAI), Office of General Counsel (OGC), Sector Divisions and other concerned divisions on procurement and consulting services matters.
- Maintain MIS on procurement, consultant recruitment and data on current status of contract awards under ongoing projects and assists INRM Staff in updating the Consultant Recruitment Activity Monitoring System (CRAM) and Procurement Contract Monitoring System (PCMS) for effective monitoring of the progress of consultant recruitment and procurement under ongoing and pipeline projects.
- Assist INRM Portfolio Management Unit (PMU) in assessing the capacity of executing and implementing agencies (EA/IAs) in carrying out procurement activities and identifies specific procurement and contract management-related training needs and focus areas for capacity building of EA/IAs.
- Assist in developing training materials and case studies and in conducting procurement and consultant recruitment trainings for executing and implementing agencies, based on practical experience gained from review of procurement and consultant recruitment documents in ADB projects.
- Maintain close communications with concerned government agencies with respect to country procurement system and other policies, as and when needed.
- Keep current with ADB’s list of sanctioned and cross-debarred firms and corruption cases related to public procurement.
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the Country Director and PMU Head, and as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering, law, business administration or related discipline; preferably with advanced training in public procurement and other relevant fields.
- At least 6 years relevant experience in project preparation and administration with substantial experience in procurement, consultant recruitment and contract management.
- Familiarity with Procurement Policy and Procedures, Guidelines, Borrower Regulations and anticorruption policies of ADB.
- Sound knowledge of Indian government’s administrative systems and procedures, particularly public procurement systems.
- Sound knowledge of competitive bidding procedures and exposure to the domestic construction and consulting industries in India.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to identify issues and appropriate actions at the field office level.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle many tasks with deadlines.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.