Deadline: 25 November 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Camp Management Project Manager in Badghis, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Camp Management Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of NRC’s Camp Management projects in western region, which includes two area offices: Badghis and Herat.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Camp Management Project Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Line management of Camp M Coordinators – including following all performance management protocols.
- Coordinate and manage Camp Management project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Review project documentation filled/compiled by field staff, monitoring and giving feedback on the quality of the completed documents, and ensuring that templates/tools are fit for purpose (according to M&E plans and donor requirements).
- Implement technical direction, monitor and enhance quality of project implementation through regular field visits to supervise staff on-the-job; provide feedback accordingly.
- In collaboration with the Camp Management (CM) Specialist, provide or recommend relevant capacity building of project staff.
- Provide the Area Programme Manager, Area Manager, and CM Specialist with required reports and input for development of CM strategy and project proposals, including feedback on successes and challenges.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist them; promote the rights of IDPs in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders, including NGOs and UN agencies. Attend meetings as agreed with PM.
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Mentor the Camp Management Coordinator to take over as the Camp Management PM.
- Supporting coordination of Site Management coordination through co-leadership of Site Management Task Force.
- Coordinating externally and internally for implementation of activities in the sites, including shelter distributions and Education in Emergencies.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- A university degree with a minimum 5 years of experience in a humanitarian/recovery context, and minimum 3 years experience in senior level project management position.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience and technical expertise in Camp Management – supporting or managing Camp Management projects.
- Experience in protection, community outreach/engagement, community capacity building, and/or community-development oriented programming.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in informal camps.
- Experience in starting up new activities.
- Experience managing emergency response.
- Experience in training and capacity building of communities and staff.
- Experience in report-writing and dissemination.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.