Deadline: 15 July 2020
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Staff in London, United Kingdom.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Chief of Staff will perform the following functions:
- Flexible and is willing to perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the company and its staff members.
- Participate in program management, which involves duties on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Within program management, organises and gathers information from various departments and meetings and reports that information, along with recommendations, to executive members.
- Participate in strategic initiatives by leading them and reporting results back to the chief executive officer.
- Within strategic initiatives, demonstrates flexibility because some initiatives may not fit neatly into one of the company’s departments.
- Help members of the executive support staff to perform their duties to the best of their ability.
- Provide training and coaching for other staff members.
- Carry out other duties as necessary, which may include simple tasks such as filing and making phone calls.
- Organised a calendar and keeps track of multiple projects at the same time.
- Keep up with industry trends by reading literature and communicating with peers.
- Act as a representative of the chief executive officer.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicant must have:
- Significant INGO Experience.
- Leadership Skills and Experience.
- Management Skills and Experience.
- Strong Organisational Skills.
- Effective Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical and research skills including critical thinking, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely versatile and dedicated to efficiency and productivity.
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management and board members.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across teams.
- Experience with budget management.
- Experience with data analytics.
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using your own initiative.
- Experience of operations management(desirable).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Save the Children.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.