Deadline: 1 March 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications & Project Management Specialist in Dili, East Timor. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Development Research Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Review and update the project’s communications/public awareness strategy, including links to broader UNDP work and programmes, as well as activities to promote the project.
- Engage with medias and other stakeholders to advocate about the project.
- Organize public awareness raising activities, consistent with the project’s communication strategy and action plan.
- Work closely with UNDP other units and government sector offices to ensure related communications materials include information about the project.
- Identify opportunities to highlight the project at relevant events.
- Constant communication with international Program Manager, Project Management team, project Board and UNDP staff for collaboration and coordination of smooth implementation of the project.
- Facilitate and support learning agendas, collaboration, learning and adapting, and knowledge management activities; all aimed at facilitating effective collaboration and promote learning and sharing among stakeholders.
- Identify capacity building and training needs of communities and find the human and institutional resources to meet those needs.
- Assist in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, environmental compliance, and management of information systems.
- Reviewing project reports, back-to-office reports, activity implementation reports, visiting sites, meet with communities and beneficiaries and engaging in written and oral communications with project stakeholders, beneficiaries, grant recipients and local communities to support M&E.
- Provide support to the Project Manager on quality assurance/quality control for consultants.
- Provide technical support to the project team in the project activities implementation.
- Document case stories and best practices for learning and sharing.
- Foster partnership with local stakeholders, donors and other agencies to maximizing the results of the project.
- Strengthen partnership with MAF and other relevant partners for the success of the project and mobilize resource for scale-up and replication of best practices/achievements.
Applicants must have-
- MA bachelor’s degree and 4 years or Master’s Degree and 2 Years, in Communication, International Relations, Development Studies, Project Management, Environmental Science, or other related fields to the post.
- Minimum 4 years (for BA) or 2 years for (Master’s degree) of working experience in communication, international development, climate change, project management, project coordination in government, national and international development organization, preferably in UN organizations is required.
- Experience in pubic mobilization and awareness raising, training in public or non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in handling of web-based data management systems is an asset.
- Strong coordination and partnership building experience and close working experience with national government counterparts, partners and donors.
- Experience working in rural areas and in collaboration with local communities and government officials.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and motivational skills and sensitivity to the local environment as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to project sites
- Knowledge of UNDP’s rules and regulations related to administration and finance as well as other business processes will be an advantage.
- Fluency in Tetum and English is mandatory requirement.
- Ability to communicate in Portuguese and/or Bahasa is an advantage
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Nationality of East Timor .
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP