Deadline: 4 February 2020
Action Against Hunger is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Juba, South Sudan.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions:
- Lead the preparation, updating, implementation of the country strategy appropriate for the country and regional context in line with the Action Against Hunger global vision and mission.
- Oversee country programming to ensure the effective and efficient design, implementation and evaluation of Action Against Hunger programs and projects.
- Develop and enhance relationships with influential stakeholders so that Action Against Hunger can maximize its impact on malnutrition and its prevention.
- Lead the preparation, regular updating and implementation of the security plan in line with Action Against Hunger standards and procedures.
- Maintain good working relationships with the Regional office and effectively utilizing Regional office’s expertise to optimize the country strategy implementation.
- Oversee and direct the appropriate mobilization, use and management of financial and logistic resources in the country office in line with Action Against Hunger policies and donor requirements.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive and conducive working environment amongst all staff at country level to ensure a healthy and effective organizational culture.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in an emergency and/or a development context.
- At least 5 year’s of senior management experience.
- Advance knowledge of donor guidelines and procedures.
- High level financial management skills and accustomed to steering an organizational budget.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Action Against Hunger.