Deadline: 16 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Manager in Bangui, Central African Republic.
The Country Manager will responsible for programme development planning and programme implementation.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Manager will perform the following functions:
- Programme governance, implementation and monitoring
- Accept responsibility for project portfolio oversight as delegated by the CDOH Director and through the role of Project Executive on Project Boards.
- Establish and execute the programme implementation plans in collaboration with the team and partners, including setting objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to ensure timely and client-oriented services.
- Monitor and supervise the timely and cost-effective implementation of the programme according to UNOPS goals and partner expectations, approved budget and full cost recovery.
- Programme development and planning
- Support the CDOH Director in ensuring the financial sustainability of the programme and delivery of desired results, compliance with organisational strategies, rules, regulations and standards of performance.
- Submit mandated reports and critical issues to the CDOH Director and clients, to drive future process improvement and business development planning.
- Analyse and keep abreast of political and development trends in the geographical area, to identify and propose to the CDOH Director areas for UNOPS engagement and support based on priorities in the relevant geography, strategic areas of focus and comparative advantage.
- Manage programme resources including people
- Plan and propose to the CDOH Director, required programme resources (human and financial).
- Submit revenue and expenditure forecasts based on UNOPS and CDOH financial goals.
- Determine pricing strategies based on UNOPS pricing policy and models to ensure an appropriate balance between revenue and development capacity within UN mandate and spirit.
- Manage programme resources in accordance with UNOPS standards of ethics, integrity and accountability framework and financial sustainability.
- Partnership development, networking and advocacy
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy and effective communication of UNOPS competencies in project service delivery and management.
- Support the business development function by identifying and developing new business and partnership/customer opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Partnerships Advisor to prepare proposals and partnerships engagement.
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Keep abreast of and incorporate latest/best practices, approaches and technology to enhance the programme delivery and results.
- Institutionalise and share best practices and lessons learned for corporate development planning and knowledge building.
- Act as the internal coordination point to ensure adequate coordination of UNOPS activities in the designated country.
- At the request of the Hub Director, participate in relevant inter-agency and external meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with stakeholders, including Government to ensure full information sharing and participation.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in engineering, project management, public administration, social science or other relevant related field is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Minimum 10 year’s of experience managing engineering projects or that combines strategic and managerial leadership in social development, business development, executive management and/or programme management planning and operations in a large international and/or corporate organization.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience including supervising teams and managing budgets.
- At least 3 years of programme/project management.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Experience in hardship or post conflict environments is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of French and English is essential.
How to Apply
Are you overwhelmed with too much grant information? (Ad)
Join Premium and view relevant grants and resources on a clean, ad-free and user-friendly Member Dashboard to organize and plan your successful fundraising. Learn more
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.