Deadline: 11 February 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Data Management & Results Monitoring Officer in Hanoi, Viet Nam. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Data Management & Results Monitoring Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide substantive support for the development and implementation of the UNCT data and research strategies.
- Plan and facilitate the design and implementation of the UNCT’s data and research strategy in alignment with the Country Common Analysis (CCA) and UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
- Undertake empirical analysis, data mining and visualization to assist the Resident Coordinator (RC) and UNCT, including results groups, in developing reports and working papers on a range of sustainable development topics.
- Develop and expand strategic research and data partnerships, including with UN entities at regional and HQ level, government counterparts, research institutes, leading global thinkers on development, and civil society, among others.
- Support the UN’s work with national data and statistical systems, facilitating engagement with national entities and data systems.
- Communicate and coordinate with existing partners and helps form new partnerships with UN agencies, academia, the private sector, and governmental agencies to further the use of data science for development.
- Coordinate monitoring and reporting of UNCT results under the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
- Support inter-agency efforts on results and progress monitoring and reporting on the UNDAF (One Strategic Plan in Viet Nam) and Joint Programmes, particularly through UNINFO.
- Lead in the conceptualizing and synthesizing of the One UN Annual Results Report and other major inter-agency M&E and reporting efforts.
- Support knowledge management and capacity development related to data and monitoring.
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices within the UNCT and with UNCTs in the (sub)region and globally, based on a solid understanding of the incentives that people need to utilize knowledge.
- Advocate for knowledge sharing, inspiring others within the RCO and UNCT to contribute their expertise through internal and external platforms and tools and working closely with colleagues at the regional level to ensure usable knowledge is shared between and applied by UNCTs.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, information management, statistics, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to research and data analysis, knowledge management or project/programme management in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
- Fluency in 1 of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, is required; knowledge of the other is desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Nationality of Viet Nam.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.