Deadline: 25 August 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Country Representative in Suva, Fiji. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Deputy Country Representative will be responsible for substantially contributing to the design, implementation, management and oversight of the country programme and to the operations supporting its implementation to ensure effective and efficient delivery of results as planned in UN Women’s Strategic Plan and the Multi Country Office (MCO) plans.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Country Representative will perform the following functions-
- Manage the programme team
- Manage the day-to-day work of the programme teams, including finalizing the team’s annual workplan.
- Manage the process of programme conceptualization, planning, implementing and monitoring; and the management of material and financial resources.
- Lead the process of preparing programme implementation progress reports and identifying areas for UN Women Country Representative’s action and/or decision.
- Provide advisory and specialized technical support on the strategic direction of the office
- Advise and guide the Country Representative on strategic areas.
- Provide specialized technical and strategic support in managing all aspects of the programme design and related activities and for ensuring compliance and accountability in programme monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Develop policy documents, briefs and other strategic papers/materials for use in the development and presentation of innovative and coherent policy and programmatic positions.
- Represent UN Women in UN system coordination, with a focus on programming
- As delegated by the UN Women Country Representative, represent UN Women in the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) and/or the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) to collaborate with the Resident Coordinator and UN system on interagency coherence, collaboration, cooperation, resource mobilization, advocacy, common services, and operations.
- Ensure UN Women’s participation in UN system thematic and other working groups to advance UN Women’s mandate.
- Provide technical support in creation of strategic partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive research and inputs in the formulation and implementation of the country resource mobilization strategy.
- Establish and maintain relations with government, partners, stakeholders and donors to achieve active collaboration, cooperation and alliances on programme development and implementation and resource mobilization.
- Represent UN Women and support advocacy strategies
- Represent and advocate for UN Women in organizational, regional, global, public information/ relations events and key meetings, as delegated.
- Develop and implement advocacy and public communication strategies.
- Facilitate knowledge management, innovation and capacity building
- Manage the process of collecting and sharing lessons learned on gender equality and women’s empowerment to build knowledge and capacity of partners and stakeholders.
- Oversee the design and implementation of capacity building training activities to enhance skills and knowledge.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in international development, public administration, public policy or other relevant social science fields is required.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in development programmes with a strong focus in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programmes.
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Working experience and/or knowledge of the Pacific region is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN working language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.