Deadline: 13 March 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Director will be responsible for managing the Fund’s country strategy and programme support by working directly with countries, through their National Designated Authorities (NDAs) or focal points, on their national strategies for low-emission, climate-resilient development.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Compliance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Adopt novative approaches to country programming, including developing an early pipeline of programme and project proposals.
- Develop and implement best-practice principles and guidelines for the establishment of NDAs or focal points, including for country coordination and multi-stakeholder consultations.
- Develop and implement complementary mechanisms to enhance country coordination and multistakeholder consultation in the context of developing funding proposals.
- Provide guidance and oversight for the identification of approaches and modalities of the Fund’s programmes to achieve development targets.
- Manage the country programme from design to implementation and monitor ongoing projects to ensure cost-effective and timely delivery of results.
- Work closely with government and national partners to ensure ownership and delivery of programmes.
- Contribute to the Fund’s reporting to ensure compliance with the Fund and donor requirements.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience, including experience at senior management level and experience.
- Broad knowledge and experience of climate change, development and/or financial issues, and their interrelationships.
- Previous experience of programme management within an organization of a similar complexity and stature.
- Strong policy background.
- Experience dealing with Boards at international organizations is required.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.