Deadline: 5 December 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant (Programme) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant (Programme) will perform the following functions-
- Receive, screen and log incoming correspondences, reports, documents, etc. and routes to supervisor with full background information; maintains a follow-up system on responses and deadlines; renews pass-book, UNLP, registration and fitness of project vehicle in due time; liaises with government officials for smooth functioning of programme activities.
- Take notes and transcribes non-technical and technical correspondence, drafts/prepares general correspondences (not involving policy on technical knowledge) on brief instructions or own initiative; types statements, reports, studies, including statistical tables etc., ensuring grammatical accuracy, spelling, format and conformity with procedural directives; obtains documents and information from other programmes agencies/institutions as required.
- Check electronic communication on regular basis and responds to queries appropriately; assists supervisor in the orientation of supporting staff under programme managers on WHO administrative and financial rules and procedures; supports and cooperates with national counterparts in implementation of programme activities.
- Arrange appointments for supervisor, maintains Supervisor’s calendar, screens and receives visitors and telephone calls with tact and discretion; makes appointments, answer queries and/or redirect visitors and callers with diplomacy and courtesy obtaining background information on the purpose of appointments.
- Open and maintain standard and electronic filing system; maintains policy, confidential and general files and reference system; maintains the WHO Manual, SEAR Handbook, address list and other reference documents; keeps office equipment safely, maintains inventory with handing over and taking over documents; maintains cleanliness and security of the project office equipment.
- Make searches, compiles and maintains information /documents relevant to the programme for preparation of report and documents; assists in preparing the programme implementing instruments using WHO devised on line system and monitor the projects ‘ implementation regularly; prepares financial instrument and other related documents online; maintains and updates internal data bases.
- In the absence of supervisor, prepares briefs or notes on matters relating to the programme; obtains documents and information from other programmes and agencies/institutions as required; ensures that technical reports and documents are maintained in line with WHO standards, rules, practices and procedures.
- Provide support in organizing meetings, workshops and seminars with government counterparts and other development partners related to programme implementation as advised by the supervisor; provides administrative and secretarial support to the national counterparts and programme managers and responds to queries appropriately; ensures that secretarial support is available, as necessary, to obtain briefing and background materials; checks availability of the concerned professional staff and ensure that they have the appropriate briefing files and documents.
- Make travel arrangements for Supervisor, official visitors and other project staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary, technical or commercial school.
- At least 5 years of secretarial / clerical work experience.
- Very good knowledge of modem office procedures and practices, ability to draft correspondence, compile information and prepare summaries, take notes and produce required drafts, ability to carry out a wide variety of office management tasks.
- Knowledge of public health system and services in Bangladesh and ability to work in an organize and methodical manner.
- The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modem office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Bangla.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.