Deadline: 31 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field Coordinator in Nuwakot, Nepal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Field Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Activity Planning
- Provide the Project Manager (PM), with coherent work plans (weekly, monthly and semester wise) for each Technical Service Center (TSC).
- Review progress with the field teams and adjust activity plans to mitigate delays and changes.
- Assist the Project Manager in including the implementing Technical Partner in work plans through the organization of regular periodic meetings at the field level.
- Report to the Project Manager any issues on the established work plans.
- Project Execution
- Assure work plans are followed at the field level. Set up management system within the TSCs for tracking performance and making staff accountable for their outputs.
- Alongside the PM and the Field Team, the Field Coordinator will ensure that the planned activities are conducted in time.
- Assure the timely execution of project and milestone by organizing and following up on the progress of the TSCs activities.
- Escalate to the PM any risks, issues and provide solutions from the ground.
- The Field Coordinator will be solution focused and team oriented in order to rally both the project management team (UNOPS) with the Technical Implementation Team.
- Project Control
- Monitor all project activities in relation to the respective project work plans and take corrective action, when necessary, to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of project outputs.
- Maintain and improve the project communication system to facilitate the dissemination of information and reports to all key stakeholders.
- Participate in the preparation and monitoring project progress and other reports.
- Project Close-out
- Support operational closure processes including drafting of final narrative report.
- Participate in conducting lessons learned workshop to identify learning and disseminate them widely.
- Undertake occasional mission travel in and outside the country when required.
- Represent the PM and UNOPS at Inter-Agency forums, donor meetings, community groups and meetings as delegated, especially in partner meetings in Nuwakot.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related fields is required.
- At least 5 years of working experience in team management in remote areas is required.
- This position is a field based position and requires a dynamic approach to work, the candidate must be outgoing and ready to tackle challenges on the field.
- Experience coordinating work between different sectors and stakeholders, particularly with civil society and government networks is required.
- At least 1 year experience in logistic, organization, project support role is required.
- Previous experience with UN/UNOPS is an advantage.
- Solution focused and communicative approach is essential.
- Fluency in English language required.
- Fluency in Nepali is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.