Deadline: 27 May 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Banjul, Gambia.
The Finance Assistant will support effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the area of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policy, rule and regulation.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecast and provide expenditure report in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash account regularly, to ensure that adequate fund are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claim, advance and other receivable and observe appropriate procurement procedure, to ensure that supplier are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rule and regulation.
- Assist in compiling information from various source in order to prepare report relating to budget, accounting, finance and statistic.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information system and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective action.
- Perform administrative duty related to the monitoring and recording of fixed asset, spend on fuel and spare part for vehicles and generator, to ensure that the database are accurately updated.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes, assessing financial health and status, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
- Fluency in English language.
- Fluency or intermediate knowledge of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.