Deadline: 07 April 2023
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Grants Management Specialist in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Grants Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Grants management and compliance
- Assess and build the country office’s capacities to comply with DRC’s grant management guidelines
- Ensure country office compliance with grants management system (GMS) on Dynamics
- Assist country office in preparing, facilitating, and following up on grant meetings as well as in drafting, finalising, and sharing minimum set of documents required for grant meetings
- Gathering inputs from the team, and follow up, as per the grants tracker
- Assist Programme Quality Assurance unit in conceptualising and facilitating the implementation of programme quality tools developed
- In close collaboration with programme and MEAL team, support documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and proven innovations in programme design, implementation, monitoring and reporting to improve programme design and implementation strategy
Applicants must have:
- At least 2 years of grants management experience with an international NGO.
- Knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and procedures of donors including but not limited to US and European donors, EU funding mechanisms, and UN agencies.
- Proven experience in successfully submitting reporting packages.
- Proven experience in capacity building and training of national staff and partners.
- Full professional proficiency in English with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Ability to quickly research, learn and disseminate new knowledge and information.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Able to adapt and learn.
- Strong organization and planning skills, detail oriented.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.