Deadline: 8 July 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The purpose of Head of Programme is to develop and ensure implementation of holistic high quality programmes.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions:
- Line management for Specialists (Core Competency and Protection Specialists) and the Head of Programme Support Unit.
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG).
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Provide programme input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- Development of Core Competency strategies.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes.
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts.
- Grants management, BPO allocations and reporting to donors, including compliance with donor standards.
- Quality control, M&E and organizational learning.
- Capacity building of all technical staff.
- In-country representation and networking.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Play a key role in the realisation of the Country Programme’s specific objectives defined in the Country Strategy, namely:
- Explore opportunities to expand existing programmes to reach displacement-affected people wherever they are in a principled manner, especially in hard-to-access areas which are not well-served by other humanitarian agencies.
- Lead efforts to ensure our programme responses integrates different core competencies, protection and advocacy to help provide durable solutions .
- Ensure synergies between programme activities and advocacy efforts.
- Ensure an evidence-based approach in programme design/response.
- Responsible for the programmatic input to the emergency preparedness plans (EPP).
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 years experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Core competency expertise, in one of NRC’s programmes.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the context in Afghanistan or insecure complex humanitarian situation (an advantage).
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.