Deadline: 26 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions:
- Programme governance, implementation and monitoring.
- Programme development and planning.
- Lead programme resources.
- Partnership networking and advocacy.
- Knowledge management and innovation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field is required.
- Combination of Bachelor’s Degree with an additional 2 year’s of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Practitioner an asset, but required completion within the first 6 months of onboarding.
- Programme/Project Management Professional (MSP® or PMI-PgMP/PMI-PMP) an asset.
- Minimum 7 year’s of experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in social development, business development, executive management and/or programme management planning and operations in a large international and/or corporate organization.
- Experience in a developing country context is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of French and/or another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.