Deadline: 14 August 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme Implementation in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Head of Programme Implementation will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that all projects are implemented on time, scope and budget.
- Ensure that grant reporting is of high quality and accurate.
- Responsible for ensuring knowledge management and learning is shared and taken into consideration in new projects and programmes.
- Effectively translating programme design into implementation, delivery and direction through to final report submission.
- Continually monitor and evaluate programme implementation to determine necessary adaptations to meet programme goals and objectives.
- Responsible for effective use of tools for project monitoring by programme teams, and review and development of tools where necessary.
- Review programme related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and procedures, identifying gaps and setting benchmarks to ensure effective programme implementation, communication, monitoring and reporting.
- Travel regularly ( spends at least 2 weeks per month outside of Kampala office) to programme sites to ensure project objectives are being met and Country Office technical staff are closely connected to field operations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in direct programme management or overseeing the program implementation
- Experience of capacity building and prior experience in the design, delivery, or management of programmes in education, youth economic empowerment, water and sanitation, humanitarian response in Uganda/East Africa or in a country with similar context.
- Proven track records of excellent program cycle management within a complex organizational structure.
- Knowledge / experience in humanitarian response or development work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to analyse and synthesise complex issues will be essential as will strong networking, influencing and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.