Deadline: 20 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions-
- Accept responsibility for project portfolio oversight as delegated by the Operational Hub Director and through the role of Project Executive on Project Boards.
- Establish and execute the programme implementation plans in collaboration with the team and partners, including setting objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to ensure timely and client oriented services.
- Monitor and supervise the timely and cost-effective implementation of the programme according to UNOPS goals and partner expectations, approved budget and full cost recovery.
- Supervise the Programme Management Office (PMO) to ensure that project management policies, processes and methods are followed and practiced according to the organization’s standards, best project management practices are promoted, and overall assurance of projects is provided.
- Mentor and assist Project Managers in planning, execution and delivery of allocated projects, ensuring incorporation of best practice project management processes.
- Facilitate timely and accurate project tracking, analysis of outputs, and reporting.
- Develop and implement the programme governance framework.
- Support the Operational Hub Director to ensure the financial sustainability of the programme and delivery of desired results, ensuring compliance with organizational strategies, rules, regulations and standards of performance.
- Submit mandated reports and critical issues to the Operational Hub Director and clients, to drive future process improvement and business development planning.
- Analyze and keep abreast of political and development trends in the geographical area, to identify and propose to the Operational Hub Director areas for UNOPS engagement and support based on regional/country priorities, strategic areas of focus and comparative advantage.
Applicants must have-
- A Master’s degree in engineering, project management, public administration, social science or other relevant related field is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Practitioner an asset, but required completion within first 6 months of on boarding. Programme/Project Management Professional (MSP® or PMI-PgMP/PMI-PMP) an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in social development, business development, executive management and/or programme management planning and operations in a large international and/or corporate organization.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience including supervising teams and managing budgets.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Excellent English skills required.
- Knowledge of French and/or another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.