Deadline: 12 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance) Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon
ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance) Specialist will be responsible to carry out the technical development of the ICLA Programme, provide strategic direction and ensure quality assurance, and direct the programme’s strategy and quality control.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance) Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop the ICLA strategy and provide technical guidance that are both aligned with the regional and global strategies and priorities.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, and develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends, technical standards, and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within ICLA, and ensure high technical quality and synergies in the project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from the ICLA implementation, and incorporate them in the programme and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build the capacity of technical staff including cash-based interventions and market based programming.
- Represent NRC in all relevant forums/clusters, including national authorities and donors.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Receive the referral information related to protection cases on a monthly basis from the related focal points and take proper actions to ensure that the referral system is functioning to the best interest of beneficiaries as per NRC’s referral’s SOPs.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a senior Project/Programme Manager and/or Adviser in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Proven expertise in international human rights and refugee law, protection principles and access to justice issues.
- Previous experience in ICLA related interventions.
- Previous experience in the Syria response is an asset.
- University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment.
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Lebanon context and response is an asset.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.