Deadline: 28 May 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Management & Administration Area Programme Manager in Brazzaville, Congo. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Management & Administration Area Programme Manager is responsible for effective management and administrative support for the emergencies programme and for ensuring that WHO emergency operations are rapidly and sustainably financed and staffed.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Management & Administration Area Programme Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide overall coordination of Health Emergencies Programme’s work in Management & Administration (MGA), and have overall responsibility for the WHE’s activities in the Region, covering a variety of interrelated budgetary and human resources, security and other related issues.
- Provide expertise and guidance to the RED, and to DPMs, DAFs and WRs for policies and procedures covering all aspects of Management & Administration related to WHO’s work in emergencies.
- Review and approve workplans and budgets and manage the work of the Workplanning, Budgets & Finance team in establishing standardized emergency programme work plans and budgets, monitoring the status of funding available and projected and resulting funding gaps and ensuring rapid availability of funding for immediate needs, with sustainable, predictable financing.
- Coordinate HR, Security & Staff Wellbeing team and ensure the provision of high quality, predictable HR, security and staff wellbeing services, managing sourcing for events, including development and maintenance of rosters and candidates allowing for rapid deployment of resources during emergencies.
- Provide advice on security and well-being of all staff, particularly during deployment.
- Provide guidance on Grant Management & Reporting and oversee the work of the team in tracking and managing grants and their reporting requirements.
- Oversee the Continuous Business Improvement team in developing and monitoring implementation of, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for WHO’s work in emergencies, leading to continuous improvement and business process excellence.
- Ensure close collaborative working arrangements with other WHO management departments and units, at regional and country office levels.
- Represent WHO at official meetings and events as required.
- Assist the RED in fulfilling WHO’s mandate and undertaking any other duties as required by the RED.
- Perform other related duties including replacing and backstopping as required.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in management, business administration, public health or related field.
- At least 10 years of proven experience in management and administration of international public health programmes, including at least 5 years of management.experience in recognized senior leadership positions with direct responsibility for managing both human and financial resources.
- Proven ability to successfully coordinate, manage and lead projects, and build partnerships, across agencies and organizational departments in the context of health emergencies.
- Strong strategic thinking, with the ability to quickly comprehend strategic and tactical objectives and to formulate comprehensive plans to address challenges/risks.
- Expert knowledge of English or French
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WHO.