Deadline: 28 February 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Management/Project Management Officer in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The Management/Project Management Officer is to contribute to a strong technical leadership, guidance, capacity building and improved organizational effectiveness of LGED in the establishment of the Climate Resilient Local Infrastructure Centre.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Management/Project Management Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Contribution to the development of the charter and business plan of CReLIC.
- Contribution to the development of services for CReLIC to be rendered to LGED and other clients.
- Contribution to the development of a sustainable finance plan.
- Setup of a system for continuously screening relevant funding opportunities for CReLIC.
- Setup and management of a project management and information system within CReLIC.
- Preparation of project funding proposals for CReLIC in accordance with LGED and in cooperation with local and/or regional / international partners.
- Organisation and follow up of the meetings of the Project Coordination Committee (PCC), Project Steering Committee (PSC) and Consultative Advisory Group (CAG).
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in economics, business administration, geography / urban planning & management or related fields.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in project management measures.
- Professional experience in Bangladesh.
- Experience working for international development agencies is an asset.
- Knowledge on infrastructure, construction and/or climate change impacts and adaptation strategies and measures is an asset.
- Proficiency in using ICT.
- Proficiency in English skills (at least C1-level according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages).
- Fluency in oral and written Bengali.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.