Deadline: 30 November 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Manager in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Manager will perform the following functions:
- Manage CESI4 operations, contribute to CES and Regional strategy development and implementation for both ESG investment support and advisory; exercise fiduciary oversight and control over budget allocated for the unit’s operations and advisory services programs.
- Manage, mentor and support career development of a dedicated group of CESI4 staff and consultants, providing all relevant oversight and support including staff performance evaluation, training, career guidance for staff professional development and administrative duties. The manager will recruit and ensure effective onboarding of new hires.
- In collaboration with the CES Director and other managers in CES, contribute to the planning and delivery of CES staff resources (both E&S and Corporate Governance) and programmatic support to the IFC 3.0 and MFD strategies in the Africa region and globally. A deep understanding of environmental and social technical issues will be particularly important, along with an understanding of regional challenges and opportunities.
- Coordinate with relevant Investment, Portfolio, Advisory, C3P, Credit, Legal and Regional department managers in Africa to ensure that ESG risks and issues are identified, assessed, effectively mitigated and supervised to ensure successful and sustainable outcomes.
- Collaborate with World Bank and MIGA Africa teams in delivering a coordinated, strategic and impactful WBG program across the region.
- Engage and communicate effectively with key stakeholders relevant to the Africa region including CSOs, other DFIs, relevant IFC Board members and other partners.
- Be committed to development and have a proven track record showing alignment with the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values.
- Exhibit excellent leadership and people management skills, particularly demonstrated in a complex organizational setting with responsibilities for leading and managing large, diverse, and highly technical functions.
- Strong track record in providing intellectual leadership, managing, building talent and motivating staff across different locations, becoming strong mentor and growing businesses, leading by example.
- Graduate degree in environment-related discipline with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience dealing with environment and/or social development issues with the private sector.
- Demonstrate strong professional background and client facing experience in assessing and improving E&S performance of IFC investment clients.
- A track record of professional leadership on social and environmental sustainability.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of, and experience in, the operation of IFC markets, including those in FCS and IDA countries.
- Demonstrate strong communication and public speaking skills and the ability to represent IFC and ESG in global and regional ESG fora to help maintain and promote IFC’s leadership position in sustainable development and social and environmental best practice.
- Represent IFC to key external clients, government authorities, other stakeholders and critics.
- Be willing to travel as and where necessary.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.